View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 06:48 PM   #19
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
I have zero problems with the weight freaks. I was piled on when I first came on, and didn’t ask for it. I left here but came back.

I think the regulars have their points, and I get where they are coming from. I have stated in the past that I’m not big on how it’s presented sometimes, but if you can look past the delivery of their info, they have a lot of info to share on other topics.

I think there should be a “flame free” zone on here for newbies like other sites, but I don’t run the site (and no desire to), so just encourage as best as anyone else.

It’s hard for the regulars, they have seen so many come and go, or ask same questions over and over that I get why they can come across cranky sometimes. But again, If you can stick it out, and try and engage them, you’ll learn a lot and gain a lot of respect for what they give here

Justin, as a "weight freak (I guess)" I appreciate your comments. And, I am probably one that MIGHT be considered grumpy at times.

Thinking about a "flame free" zone, I'm not sure what that would be. In some (many) folks eyes in this day and time if you try to point out a failure/weakness you have "flamed" them. Don't know what that is. I've guided, taught, corrected, disciplined etc. many, many (hundreds? thousands?) folks in my life with success. Nowadays if you "correct", "guide", "point out a failure/mistake" you have now "flamed" someone or made some sort of mistake and YOU are to blame....that is not the case.

In my eyes, the opinions expressed here by those that know and have experience aren't "flaming" anyone, they are just trying to educate and help...that's IT. To me, seeing someone in a bad situation doesn't mean I say OK...how can I help? I can, and will, point out the problem. We have several others that think the same thing and that's what makes us special and useful. IMO what use is a "flame free" zone where you accept anything/everything a member does and say - "that's OK", "it'll be alright"? That's what's wrong in the world today, again IMO.

Again, I truly appreciate your thoughts and comments....and "grandpa's grumpy time" is about an hour away. Have a wonderful evening.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote