View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 07:48 AM   #32
jeepjrn

In the same boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux3 View Post
Starting to look at replacing my Silverado. With almost 50k miles and nothing wrong, ever, I'm happy with Chevy.
But, I'm not a fan of cylinder deactivation and the 2020's kill the engine when you stop. Sure there is a button to over ride that but you have to press it every time you start the truck. I would find this annoying.
I'm thinking about a 2020 Ram 1500 quad cab. But I worry about FCA's quality.

Rather than trusting Consumer Reports or some such nonsense I thought I'd ask the people who do what I need a truck for.

Please no flame wars.
I don't want a Ford because I can't get heated cloth seats and auto climate control.
Yes, I'm happy with Chevy but I want a new truck.

I would like to just hear from RAM owners.
I’m pretty much in the same boat as you, recently retired and looking to pound the highways pretty hard in the next coming years so looking to replace my 2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax (110,000miles). I came from a Ford F-150 (which is still my favorite all time truck to date) but when looking at Super Duty’s there was about a 6-7 thousand dollar cost penalty over the Chevy HD optioned out similar, hence my having a Chevy. I’ve never really considered a Ram for no particular mechanical reason other then I’m not particularly fond of their looks, just a little too much bling for my old classic tastes. But I’ll offer up an observation from our attendance at the Montana Owners Club national rally in Goshen. Of my 10 days there among 200 campers I did myself an impromptu survey of the trucks in attendance. Upon my count riding around in a golf cart for the 10 days my rough count was about 45-50% Ford, 35-40% GMC/Chevy, 10-15% Ram, kinda kept me thinking either Chevy or Ford dependent upon final deal. Nothing against Ram and not looking to start wars as they’re all great trucks I’m sure. But being that I’m not specific brand loyal, it’s just my opinion for my taste and wallet.
jeepjrn is offline   Reply With Quote