View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 10:10 AM   #26
ronheater70

Love it, But

I'm on my second Ram.. Why the heck I bought a second one I dunno.
I love this truck, I bought it mainly because it was the last year available with the g56 6 speed manual tranny (2018). Prior to that I had a 2016 2500 with a 6.4 that I grew to absolutely loathe. That truck should never leave the factory with the 3:73 rear end. Between that Rear gear set and the overly large gap between first and second, towing anything even near it's limit was about as painful as could be..Stupid, STUPID design.. Glad they finally wised up and put the 8 speed in them .

My experience with Ram, and the experience with Many folks on related Ram truck forums, is that Ram service and warranty are absolutely pathetic.
Any issue you take it in for, theres a fair chance they will simply tell you " they all do that" and attempt to send you on your way.

For me, 5 months fighting over a whining rear diff in a new truck.." It's normal".
Engine smoking on a new truck " That's normal, these hemi's smoke sometimes"
Engine ticking loudly " See above response on Hemi."

Nothing ever got resolved, nothing ever gets escalated.

Oh I do like the fact they tried to tell me the clutch pack in my 2500 rear diff needed replacing, that would take care of the whining. Noone in service INCLUDING the Director, seemed to know that the HD pickups have the worm gear Anti spin diffeerential and not the clutch setup limited dlip that was in the 1/2 tons.

Now on to my BRAND new 3500.. And I take it in for an oil change and what do they do, they WELD THE DANG DRAG LINK.. Yup they Weld an part meant to be completely adjustable instead of replacing it with a more robust part.

Now to Top it off, A Guy on the Cummins Forum had his welded as part of the recal and when he got an alignment, they wanted him to pay to grind of the weld ( THEY PUT ON) to adjust his steering wheel..

I love my truck, but I will NEVER own another Ram, the service, dealer support and monthly recalls are just insane.