View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 05:10 PM   #37
teacherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Sir, I have to disagree on Ford tailgates. The tailgate on my F250 BENT every time I rolled a 600 lb motorcycle over it to where the bars that allowed the handle to actuate the locks on the sides to open would be bent inside. I don't know how many times I had to take the tailgate apart and bend them back. The tailgate was not "Ford Tough". You are correct about the plastic stuff as it was all junk. The chrome on my grill sort of crinkled up and fell off in places as chrome plating plastic seems an art that Ford never mastered. Of course, the dash cracked as well. All the tabs or retainers that held the dash and doors more or less gave up the ghost and I had to figure out how to keep these components in place by using hardware store fasteners.
Is there a way to release the gate so it folds down such that the ramp rest on the edge of the bed rather than the gate? I can only imagine trying to ride a dresser up a ramp perched on the edge of a tailgate. Seems a safety risk to me. I haven't tried it, but I think the two cables on the gate of my Chevy can be released.

2019 Load Trail 10k payload dump trailer

Bunkhouse trailer to be added soon!
teacherman is offline   Reply With Quote