View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 09:49 AM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
Seems like we got away from the initial comments about the new “invisible trailer” scam from GMC. All it does is tie into a trailer’s rear camera. Certainly not groundbreaking new technology, and can be done on any vehicle today old or new. Just like their 4G LTE “feature” that can’t be taken out of the vehicle and used anywhere but in the vehicle with the power on. For the same monthly cost I can have a portable 4G Mifi hotspot I can use anywhere. More money should be spent on quality, reliability and longevity of the vehicle than these cheap gimmicks the manufacturers seem to think we want
And this is the same comment I keep hearing about the new "features" in travel trailers. You know, the things that keep breaking, won't allow the A/C to turn on above 100F or the furnace to operate below 40F, automatically selects the correct TV input and allows you to "talk between your tow vehicle and trailer" while driving at 70MPH (on tires rated at 65MPH)....

All this "bling" may sell cars/trucks and trailers, but is it "utility" or "bling" ???

IMHO, far too many "novice buyers" tend to want a trailer that does what their S&B house does, get upset when the trailer rocks when the kids jump off the top bunk, expect "cable quality TV" when in a dry camping environment 100 miles from the nearest TV repeater station, want a frost free refrigerator that operates on solar power and air conditioning that doesn't require shore power and can be run on a generator that doesn't disturb the neighbors and doesn't require special handling when putting it into storage. Yet, they have not begun to understand that Styrofoam floors just won't allow that 8 year old to "jump from the top bunk" without weakening that "rugged 1/8" luan top layer, or that a 38' "sail" behind their half ton or SUV tow vehicle (with built in trailer sway control) isn't going to "cut it" when the wind blows across Kansas and they need to get to Colorado NOW because their vacation is only 10 days and the kids need to see Yellowstone before school starts....

OK, rant off (for now)

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote