Thread: LED Lights
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #12
BOBYT1630

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBYT1630 View Post
Here's another question for the experts. Can LED lights be put into the fixtures that are already in place on the ceiling of my Cougar? Has anyone directly replaced the incandescent bulbs with LED's? and if so was the power savings worth the cost. I tend to dry camp over 3 to 4 day weekends. I'm trying to reduce generator use.

Thank you
I ordered 10 X BA9S/921/Festoon Dome Bulb 15-5050 SMD LED, White from Ebay for $43.80 Free shipping. Received them in 10 days. installed them in 5 of the 12 dual fixtures I have in my cougar. I placed 1 set in the entry, 1 set by the rear kitchen, 1 set over the lav sink, 1 set in the head, and the last over the center of the bed. The lights are brighter then the standard bulbs and are white, the standard bulbs are yellowish. They were simple to install, just a minor problem with the wires being in the right place on the plastic plug that goes into the fixture. Also there is a polarity thing. If the light don't light flip the plug. Next is to order more and finish the job. Only ordered 10 to make sure they worked.

2006 Cougar 278EFS
BOBYT1630 is offline   Reply With Quote