View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 04:07 AM   #19
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW2993 View Post
... For entertainment, when I'm at our Ford dealership waiting for our vehicles being serviced, ... It's almost like they were brainwashed, and what I'm telling them is unbelievable... It's fun to watch... And sad...
I find it amazing that RV salespeople, in general, do not have a clue about GCWR (or lots of other things for that matter); they seem to base everything they say on RV dry weight and the TV's tow capacity. Just like there's certification for mechanics, insurance agents, etc, you would think RVIA or some similar trade organization would require documentation of a baseline knowledge for people selling or dealing with products that have their "stamp of approval" on them, whether they be an RV or TV salesperson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
Everything is designed with some safety margin built in. ...
That is what I would have assumed. Perhaps it would put peoples' minds at rest knowing there is some "fat" in there (I'm addressing the axles now) and that while they may just seem to be undersized (and in some instances, as stated above, they really seem to be) there is (in some engineer's mind) sufficient margin for normal use.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote