View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 07:50 AM   #5
Retired Copper

I too recently visited aa new Rv dealer. They had a nice looking fifth wheel and of course it was a keystone; hey I like keystones. So I looked at the dry weight sticker and the GVW. Dry weight was at 8950 so I asked him what size axles where under it and he said he didn`t know but would find out. He called the next day and said he had asked the service dept and got two different answers so he call a Rep. The Rep told him they where 6k and I told him thanks and for his trouble I would come back and take a closer look. I crawled up under the trailer and they where 4.4 k. He looked stunned and said He wasn`t lying to me about what the rep told him. He called the next day to say a rep would call me directly and he started about the pin weight and rep had told him they had not had a single issue with the axles. I again told him Thanks but they would never convince me that to buy a 8950lbs trailer with a MSRP over 53,000 with 4.4k axles. It probably would not have cost much more for them to put heavier axles on the unit from the factory. Next time I look at one I guess that will be one of the first things I check. Oh I told the salesman the rep need not to call.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote