View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 07:17 AM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Prior to the 2017 model year, Ford offered two front axle suspension systems on the F350 DRW truck. One is the "conventional" front axle and comes with increased (wider) turn radius. The optional (really means increased cost) front axle is called the "wide stance" axle and has more clearance in the wheel wells and a tighter turn radius. The wide stance axle was standard in the F450 line.

Why do I bring this up? I don't think the wide stance axle is available in the F350 DRW line with the 2017 and forward truck models. You might verify this with a "knowledgeable Ford truck salesman" (sometimes hard to find at many Ford dealerships).

So, if the tighter turn radius is a consideration, you might find that after 2017, the only way to get it is by changing to the F450 model lineup. If the turn radius is not a consideration, then the F350 would be the only choice. Rear axle ratios available are the 3.55, 3.73 and 4.10. Depending on the trim option you choose and the optional packages, you may not find all three available in every model.

Now, something you mentioned (I think it was you) about the rear camera and TPMS option which is a part of the trailer towing technology package. It's my understanding that the TPMS only reads pressure, not temperature of the tires (both truck and trailer). Some members here, who have that package on their Ford trucks have indicated that they were disappointed with the TPMS limitations and one even stopped using it and reinstalled his aftermarket TPMS so he could monitor trailer tire temps as well as pressure. Maybe not a concern for you, but I wanted to mention the OEM limitation.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote