View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 03:39 AM   #20
EricHarmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunge motorsport View Post
Hi Eric
I think that truck is a fine choice. I would also suggest a look at the 450 as the money is not much different but the turning circle is somewhere around 8’ smaller. It has much bigger brakes and 10 bolt 19.5” wheels. The downside is there is not a lot of tire shops that keep stock in that size. How many times have you needed to replace a tire on the road? None for me. This truck only comes with 4:10 gears. I’ve heard some comment that it makes it up with the 19.5” wheels but the rolling diameter is about the same as a 265/70 17.
Interesting info. The 450 quite honestly had barely even entered into my consciousness, and I had dismissed it right away. That's really interesting about the turning radius. Yeah, tires would be a bit of a concern for me, mainly for price but also for availability. I remember that I was relieved when I saw the F350 Dually used the 17" tires rather than 20". I will take a peek at the F450 for sure. I'm glad I still have a month or so before I *need* to order :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunge motorsport View Post
So on to my opinion. I’m not much for offroad but I do get the requirement for it in a tow vehicle. I have needed to use it a few times to pull up a steep gravel/dirt driveway during a turn around on a mountain road. Without it I would have been stuck! I will only buy a 4WD vehicle for that reason. Skid plates and hill descent...yup!
Hope this helps, good luck.
It helps a lot. Thank you very much!
EricHarmon is offline   Reply With Quote