View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 05:19 PM   #29
Badbart56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack65 View Post
As far as I'm concerned, DEALERS are ripoffs. They legally steal from their customers. Their charges are at least twice as much than my mechanic for the same job and he has been in business for over 40 years, serviced my cars the last 15 years. More and more the dealers have the newer cars/trucks setup up so the local mechanics can't work on them anymore, only Dealers. It's the same way on the warrantees, how can they get out of fixing the problems, always the fine print.

RANT over...
Yes, dealers charge stupid amounts of money to work on your cars. But don't blame dealers for making it to where your local mechanic can't work on them. That is the manufacturers doings. Dealers have to send their techs to the manufacturers schools to learn how to work on the newer cars and trucks. And, somebody has to pay for that. Plus the software that reads the vehicles computers. Somebody has to pay for that too. A friend of mine that works at a Porsche dealer told me another shop was working on a Porsche and called him, asking for a computer code so they could get a read out on the car. He told them, sorry, I can't give you that information. We pay over $400 a month for software access and if you want it fixed you'll have to pay just like everyone else.

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote