View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 07:09 PM   #19
TheGriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Mike, it looks like on the Chevy you probably would have to drill a hole to allow the wires/connectors to pass through....remember,....all of my installs were on Ford products and I don't recall any dust covers. The Civic has dust covers, but they are a soft/pliable rubber that can be cut with a pocket knife.

I've not had flickering issues with any of the 4 kits that I installed....but again...3 fords and one Honda

The kits are around $125 plus on my 2011 Ford, there wasn't a built in "cap" in the housing like there was/is on the 2016. Capping adds another $15 I believe. I ordered mine online without any communication from the vendor, but as I stated in an earlier thread....you probably need to talk to someone on the phone if you have questions about ....using projectors, capping, flickering and the fact that I don't know about installing on a Chevy....if there is anything special about that install. Sorry I can't answer some of the questions, but I would rather you talk to someone that does this everyday and is most likely familiar with pretty much all of the applications....not just Ford. The guy that I worked with at RetroSolutions LLC was named Todd.
Vern, I really appreciate all your effort in answering my questions. I will continue to try to get through to the company.

Again many thanks,
Mike

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote