View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 04:53 AM   #29
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
After reading this thread, and so many other posts, is this what we call an argument NOT to buy a diesel? Being in a position of thinking about a new diesel, other than torque, I cannot see any benefit whatsoever to buying one. Little brother, who just bought his new F250 6.7 pretty much confirmed the same thing....you just need to WANT a diesel for it to be worth it, or have a need to tow heavy loads a lot......increased cost, increased maintenance, increased worries etc. etc. After many months of reading and research......did I miss something..... Not meaning to hijack the thread, just thought this might be a place to interject that thought....and I know it's been talked about many times so no need to reiterate previous posts......
Sometimes its a matter of preference, sometimes its a matter of need. Everyone has their own reasons for buying a diesel so its not for me to determine whether a person needs a gas or diesel truck. They all have their issues at times, but I personally believe that a diesel truck will tow longer and more efficiently that a gas when towing a 12k RV and on up in weight. That's my opinion anyway.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote