Thread: Air Bags
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 09:37 AM   #22
scottz

I installed the Air Lift system on my truck, with the wireless air compressor. I did it to improve the ride; not to change height or "increase" load capacity. I did not want to raise or "restore" bed height because I am already a little nose high on the 5th wheel with the original sag. I run 30 PSI in them; it does not change the towing height but it sure helps with the ride. Before air bags the truck would do a lot of bouncing on some of our wonderful interstate systems; the air bags stopped that.

The wireless air compressor is nice and makes installation easier (no hoses or wiring to cab).

I have a set of the Firestone air bags that I installed on my work F350. Can't say there was much difference in the installation. I take all day, but I'm probably a little slower than the average bear. The work truck was a pain because it is a C&C and had a lot of frame drilling. You should not have to do any drilling on a pick up.

As said before, an F150 is not up to the job you are asking it to do; air bags are not going to change that. You probably don't want to hear that you need to buy a bigger truck (I wouldn't, but it's real easy for us to spend your money) so just take it easy and be careful with that F150.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote