View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 09:25 AM   #13
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I think anyone who spends any time behind the wheel of a tow vehicle with a trailer "of any significant size" behind them is (or should be) keenly aware of the weight they're pulling and the capacity of their tow vehicle. Some of us are more "conservative" in that "upper limit" than others, but I think, for the most part, all of us stop short of the "Hey, hold my beer and watch this" attitude (although we've all seen those attitudes portrayed, even on this forum). So when we see something like these pictures either in a campground or on the highway, we all react with a certain emotional involvement since "they are one of us", the towing public. What they do, what they cause, in some way, does reflect on the entire population of "RV people" when viewed by "not RV people"...

I also have had a number of conversations with "salesmen" in many capacities, with far too many of them having knowledge in sales techniques and yet "critically ignorant" about the real capacity/capability of what they're selling. To me, it seems they're more interested in making the sale than they are in even considering the safety/reliability/capability of their product when it's attached to the other half of the purchaser's rig.

It comes across as a feeling of "I sell trucks, not trailers" or "I sell trailers, not trucks" and to them, any consideration of the two (as a unit) isn't "their responsibility".....

I haven't had the "fortune" (good or bad) of dealing with a salesman at a business which sells trucks AND trailers, so maybe there's a different perspective if a salesman is selling both halves of a rig, but in my experience, salesmen who only sell "their half" don't consider the purchaser's ambitions or plans unless asked, and even then, many can't even answer questions about their own product, much less how it relates to the whole.
Kind of highlights the importance of self-reliance.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote