View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 04:34 AM   #27
rrjernigan

I had the exact truck (2016 SRW F350 etc) you describe. I was pulling a 2015 DRV Tradition. Dealer of the DRV assured me my F350 SRW was a good match for the RV. Pulled the DRV for six months and everything was just fine. Only issues were rough ride and some lurching from time to time. Started looking at the numbers one day and realized I was actually a bit over the maximum payload capacity. Didn't really want a DRW truck but started looking at the 2017 F350 equivalent truck but with the 4.10 rear axle. I drove both trucks over some very rough road unloaded (I do a lot of unloaded driving). While both were rough and stiff the 2017 DRW was a lot better than the 2016 SRW. Dealer made me such a good deal I had to change. Best towing decision I've made and a much better unloaded drive. Monday January 30th I am trading the DRV for a Montana 3811MS. My 2017 DRV will pull just about anything made so I never really have to worry again. Payload is over 6,000 lbs and total pulling capacity is over 30,000. Montana is a touch heavier than the DRV but with the DRW I'm sure I will not notice. Well worth the upgrade to the DRW if for peace of mind issues only. We are fulltimers.
rrjernigan is offline   Reply With Quote