View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 05:25 PM   #17
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sodfather View Post
My brother (a cop) and his wife (a nurse) just got back from a trip to Montana. On the way up there, they came upon an accident that had just occurred. A couple on scene said the travel trailer had been fish tailing big time before it flipped and crashed. They went to render aid but both elderly male and female were crushed in the vehicle. I'll spare the gory details...
Until about 15 years ago?? I pretty much felt bulletproof and never doubted myself on anything in anyway. Now, as I've matured and watched a lot of "life" take place around me, I realize that I just got by on luck alone. Luck is an extremely poor way to try to make it in life.

I hope that the things I've watched/experienced in life have made me thoughtful and thorough enough in my actions daily that I won't ever put myself, my wife or my puppy (kids are grown and gone) in the kind of situation described above. If my negligence resulted in the death of my wife, or some other innocent person, and not my own, I'm not sure how, or if, I could deal with that. We all need to pay attention to what we do with our RVs; they elevate our responsibilities and the requirement that we do everything possible to keep ourselves, and others, safe.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote