Thread: Chevy 2500hd
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 03:23 PM   #5
Covered Wagon

We haven't pulled the trigger yet (next spring). I've spected out a 2500 that has the greatest towing and GVWR capacity. It matches the rv with only a couple of hundred pounds to spare on the pin (I've figured we might add 1500 to 2000 pounds of stuff (wife packs heavy). The truck has a tow rating that can more than handle the rv even at it's rated maximum The GCWR is also much greater than the weight of the truck and rv. As far as power, the power train is the same as is used in the 3500 dw. The 2500hd has a 6200 pound rear axle and suspension and the combination will be within that limit. I will be installing AirLift, but I do know that that does not increase the load limits. I saw a rv safety video the other day and they stated that 51% of 5th wheels on the road are over loaded. Keystone shows the pin weight at 19% of the total. If we can keep the front loading down we should be fine, near the maximum. Unfortunately this rv only has a front storage. I'm hoping that Chevrolet will increase the GVWR for 2017 as they need to try and play catch up with Ford and Dodge.
Covered Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote