View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 09:30 AM   #35
AussieCanadian

So, a quick update - unfortunately I couldn't get our trailer out of storage last night (it was snowed in at the storage yard), but I did load up some gear (not much, just the essentials of what we'd carry in the bed) + full gas + the family + odds and ends in the truck. We hit the scales at 6,380lbs. If I add my 650lbs hitch (note: I HAVE weighed hitch weight of the trailer separately), i'm now calculating at 7,030 GVWR, which is just 130lbs over.... 90lbs less than I first thought. Note: i'm still 2,800lbs UNDER GCWR.

I'm still considering the 2500 as the price is very attractive, but i'm now closer to keeping the 1500 and seeing how it goes after a few trips this spring, AND waiting until I weigh everything fully hooked up and ready to camp.

Appreciate the thoughts on the 3500's though.... I didn't realize they were so close in price. I am thinking 2500 mainly due to the better ride comfort though (rear coil springs), as this is still my daily driver, so I am looking at a 6.4L Hemi 2500 SLT, loaded, which has a GVWR of 10,000lbs.
AussieCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote