View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 05:31 AM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadude View Post
I found a used Taylor Wings toolbox/fuel tank combo for sale near me for a pretty good price. It's a 45 gallon tank. It's the type with a fuel hose and nozzle.
Aside from the fact that you have to exit the vehicle to fill the truck's tank, are there any other negatives to this type of setup?
You don't have your trailer listed in a signature so we don't know if you have a TT or 5er. If it is a fifth wheel, and the fuel hose, etc. sticks up above the bedrails, you may be creating a clearance issue. Same for the toolbox. Most of us with 5ers lean towards the in-bed boxes that don't protrude up above the bed rails, especially if we have short beds.

I live in the foothills of the Adirondacks where there are lots of loggers and other outdoor work types. About every third or fourth truck has a fuel tank with the nozzle and pump crank sticking up out of the bed. Seems like a pretty popular setup to me.

I'm tight for space between the fifth wheel and the in-bed tool box. If I could fit a similar tank and pump in there, I would.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote