View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 08:04 AM   #42
C130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
You make some very good points. Maybe I will start looking around for some used camper's
I looked at a bunch of used ones and never even considered buying any of them until I found the one that I eventually purchased. I had a couple of things going for me though; it was in the middle of nowhere so limited buyers and they had been trying to sell it for a while. I was willing to drive out to get it which wasn't that far from Dallas but still limited the potential buyers. They owed $10,000 more than I was willing to pay which is pretty common but I had no issues with the transaction. My bank wouldn't do anything until it was paid down to what I was paying them so my bank took care of everything and made it very painless. The people I bought from could not have been nicer and very upfront and honest.

I still would not buy one unless it's been stored inside. Protects the roof along with everything else and shows the owner takes care of it most likely. Most had not been stored inside and it instantly shows as soon as you look at it. Of course it's hard to go wrong with new and a warranty but at the right price you can get a great deal. I also looked at used ones at dealerships but I could buy new for not much more.