View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 03:00 AM   #29
NGAcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
My boss just scored some nice tires for his F250. Took them down to the local tire store and they refused to mount them as they were "P" not LT rated. Go figure...
But they would have installed these "P" rated tires on my half ton F-150 since my F-150 left the factory with "p" rated Michelin LTX tires.... Just found this on Tire Rack's page....

The Michelin LTX A/S is a durable, premium, highway all-season light truck tire designed to meet new vehicle Original Equipment requirements. The LTX A/S was developed to provide particularly smooth, even wear, low noise and good fuel efficiency, even in demanding commercial applications.

The LTX A/S features Michelin's advanced all-weather light truck tread rubber compound molded into a five-rib, closed-shoulder tread design to blend light snow traction with a quiet ride. On the inside, LTX A/S tires feature two steel belts (Load Range D and Load Range E sizes add a third steel belt) to enhance durability and tread puncture resistance. The LTX A/S features Michelin’s Stress Equilibrium Casing design to distribute stresses evenly through the tire’s footprint to provide even wear and long mileage.

I guess I have a Load Range D tire since it starts with a "P".... but the load rating is 109T and it has the third steel belt found on load range E tires... I have a good light truck tire....but not a heavy duty tire like an E rated tire with stiffer sidewalls....?
NGAcamper is offline   Reply With Quote