View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 06:05 PM   #24
NGAcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
You don't have to be an "expert" to recognize that a truck used for towing or hauling should not have car or"passenger" (P) rated tires on it and if it does, they should be replaced with a proper "truck" tire - usually an "LT".
Maybe you misinterpreted my comment.. if so, I apologize, but I came here looking for advice....As far as your comment "you don't have to be an expert...." those P rated tires are the same ones that came on my vehicle from the factory. I made many trips towing on those P rated tires... The local Ford dealer said that those tires were adequate for towing within the factory specs or Ford wouldn't have put them on the truck... maybe I'm misinterpreting your comment... I don't know whether I'm being called stupid for not knowing that the tires should be replaced.... no big deal... I learned something here and am thankful for any helpful comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguess View Post
I just returned from a 2000 trip to the Florida Keys. TV - 2003 F150/ 3.55 / 4.6. / 4 speed transmission Lariat . Added brake controller, transmission cooler. Camper 2011 Keystone Hideout 19' / 4100 lbs. empty/ WD hitch and sway bar. Was I the fastest rig , no. Did I slow on hills ( Florida's I 75 has some), yes. Will I upgrade my truck, probably but I love my present truck. Guys on this sight said let it rev when needed. Didn't use cruise on hilly areas ( did on flat roads), and never drove with overdrive on. All in all, a good road trip. Got about 9-10 mpg towing.
Thanks... we have similar trucks, same engine too... I feel mine is adequate for towing the TT once I change to LT tires....
NGAcamper is offline   Reply With Quote