View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 10:00 AM   #53
NotyetMHCowner

Wow, that's quite an experience with a dealer. I know the 12 cu ft fridge is 4 door, but I think the 8 cu ft is 2 door. The difference is the 8 cu ft fridge leaves room for a narrow pantry beside it as the 12 cu ft does not.

Im going to use the Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch. I have heard great things about it so hopefully it works good. It has been sitting in my garage for about 2 months, I haven't got to use it.

I started out just wanting a F250, but I realized I would probably get beyond the payload capacity, plus I would be spending money on air bags. Then I thought of a single wheel F350, but everyone I work with highly suggested a dually because of better stability. Then after considering 290 pounds of generator up front, and a washer and dryer all the way up front, I figured my pin weight would be getting up there, so we went with a dually. Plus I wont have to worry about payload and just throw what I want in the bed (with what room I have left since it is a short bed).

I have read quite a bit about the Tow Max tires and I don't know which direction I will go. I hate to think that after spending $50k on a fifth wheel, you have to run out and purchase the tires that should have come on it to start with! That's ridiculous. Did you have a problem with the tires, or just change because of the horror stories?
1998 Coleman Grandview pop-up with slide

Trucks:
2006 Ford F350 CC, SB, DRW, 4x4
1992 Ford F150 SC, SB, 4x4
NotyetMHCowner is offline   Reply With Quote