View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 03:45 AM   #46
NotyetMHCowner

I believe the 2016 will still have cable slides. It does come with the same auto leveling system the 2015 came with (if you get that option). I really hope it still comes with a light grey exterior because we bought a black truck that would match it great. haha.

The rep told me, besides the width going down 4 inches from 100" to 96", the changes are so they can offer a king bed. The 2015 only came with a 60"x80" queen and a slide to fit it. The 2016 will offer the same bed with night stands (which is what we ordered) or a 72"x80" king bed. The slide will have to be at least 12" wider to accommodate the larger bed so that is the reason for the added length. He said the Montana and Big Sky are on the same line and they are going to 96" width as well. With the added length of the bedroom, the opposite side of the bed will have a window seat (with a larger window) that can fold up out of the way. I imagine that will be where the little empty space is on the left side of the dresser of the 2015 model.

I would guess that they have had some feedback about campers over 96" wide being to wide and possibly getting some flack from law enforcement in different parts of the country. The maximum width on federal highways is 102". But when you add the awnings to the camper, you are actually wider than you should be. I would imagine that is a problem with a few law enforcement officers that don't have anything better to do.
1998 Coleman Grandview pop-up with slide

Trucks:
2006 Ford F350 CC, SB, DRW, 4x4
1992 Ford F150 SC, SB, 4x4
NotyetMHCowner is offline   Reply With Quote