Thread: Colorado Newbie
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
copiper

okay a little update for all interested.

We have used the camper a total of 11 times since we purchased it new. All the trips have been within Colorado, but a couple have been over some long steep passes like Monarch(8% for 8 miles), Eisenhower, etc. The Avalanche has been great, take it a little slow and all is well. There have been mistakes learned and lists written. One of the mistakes was not removing the valve on the toilet when storing it for the winter, it broke and 1st trip of the year it leaked water all over the bathroom, we had to plug it and do without the toilet for a weekend.

The big mistake was this weekend. We were with the Scuba Diving store for a weekend of high altitude diving/camping. Well this was the first time with no hookups of any kind. So at home I filled the storage tank, turned on the pump and filled the hot water and off we went. After setting up we realized that all the 110Volt outlets were inoperable, so no microwave, coffee pot, TV. I thought that the trailer's inverter would run them, oh well need to add a generator and french press to the list.

Just want to say thanks to all here and I still have alot to learn.
copiper is offline   Reply With Quote