View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 02:54 PM   #50
falcondan95705

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauliWalnuts View Post
Yea not really interested in the Anderson or any lightweight hitch that only connects at the gooseball. I want something that connects to the factory pucks. I realize many do it all the time without issues, I just think having 4 connection points is better than 1.

As far as getting a slider and using the camper to pull it out I have a couple issues with that. Not meant to disparage others who may be doing it as I have heard that suggested from multiple sources. First the pin box is not designed to have 200+ lbs hanging off of it, and if you take it off you still have to get it detatched. Secondly people complain about backing up to get the goose ball connected that would probably be even more difficult.

Personally what is best for me is to get the factory pucks installed and get a BW Companion that connects to those and mount the adapter in the most rearward holes. I can then take it out in two pieces. IF I have a problem then I will get a rotating pin box, but I doubt I will based on the max turn technology. Just my .02 and YMMV
If that PIN BOX wont support 200lbs, it sure wont tow a 12000 lb trailer...I had a sb MEGA CAB... bed is 6' 4 ".. Not even 6.5 feet... With the Anderson at a 88 90 degree they did meet.. I have no Idea where Anderson gets off showing a 90 with a 5 foot bed...
falcondan95705 is offline   Reply With Quote