View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 04:27 AM   #14
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-a-Palooza View Post
I too come from automotive and I agree on checking lug torque again when installing a wheel. I have in the past broken wheel studs because of side load due to the lug nuts being loose.

Almost every post has said they re-checked torque at some point. no one has said they needed to re-torque. So has anyone found lug nut torque lacking? How much and how often?
My camper was built February of this year and I purchased it new in Michigan. I didn't check the wheel torque when I towed it home, but before we left on our first trip to Tennessee I checked them and found they took about 1/8 turn to tighten to spec. When we got back from Tennessee I checked them again and they took about 1/16 turn. I took the camper to a local campground (about two hours each way) and checked them upon my return and they took about 1/16 turn to return to spec. I don't think we've gone anywhere since but I did put new tires on so when we do go next I'll put the torque wrench in the floor of the back seat and check them at the recommended distances.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote