View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 07:05 PM   #68
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccmano View Post
So here's follow up a year and a half later.
After much wrangling with the tire distributor they paid me $57 for my blown up tire. Cost me twice that to replace it.

Today, had to replace all four of the TrailerKing tires. Three of them were exhibiting signs of tread belt delamination. Not my photo but looks like this...
Note the bulging of the tread vs the normal tire on the right.

After they we're dismounted from the rims large areas of blistering could be seen inside the tire. I caught them just in time. Sorry forgot to take a photo. Needless to say TrailerKings did not go back on. Check those TrailerKings before it's too late! These things are crap! They are an accident waiting to happen!
H

You that looks like classical Belt Detachment. Have you filed a complaint with NHTSA? One for each tire?
After you get the reply (case number) from NHTSA I would forward it to Keystone RV Corporate and cc the dealer that sold you the RV.

If you still have a failed tire can you check to see if the reinforcement under the tread is "1 layer Polyester + 2 Layer Steel" or is it "1 layer Polyester + 2 Layer Steel + 1 layer Nylon"?