View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 02:56 PM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Hmmmmm, just imagine you're 1/2 the country away from home and BAM! your tire disintegrates on a busy highway. THOUSANDS of vehichles rushing past at 70+ mph. Now let me put on a yellow safety vest and collect the remnants of the tire that blew apart a mile back.. Then collect all those pieces and google "forensic tire expert near me" so I can find out WHY it blew apart. Oh, that's right, box it up and send it back to China where it was made and ask them WHY. Good luck k with that.

The REASONABLE person will get it replaced and continue on. They'll chock it up to the non-scientific conclusion that they were the victim of Chines junk tires and move on. I for one would agree with that common sense conclusion.

If it "looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like like a duck then it must be a duck" I don't need DNA forensic evidence to tell me I just shot and ate a duck. JMHO, YMMV

After having the flat earlier this year on my truck I can certainly vouch for your comments. I was off the road (interstate) as far as I could pull the truck/trailer and vehicles of every kind were blowing past me at 80mph non stop. The longest stretch of "no car" was maybe 2 seconds. The wind was blowing and those vehicles and trucks would literally blow you around passing no more than 3' away. I had, and have, no interest in trying to collect any kind of evidence for tire failure in any way. I wanted OUT.

With tires I watch tire pressures constantly, visually inspect them and keep them from hitting things or abusing them. When a tire blows I don't need or care to know what caused it - it's gone. For me one failed tire equals a set so that's just what it is. I try to learn from others and study up on things like tires. It's funny, I haven't had a failure on a tire that I thought was a good brand; always the "suspicious" brands and virtually all were OE (trailer and truck). And yes, I know a duck when I see one and I've had to eat a few. After that I find something else....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote