View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 10:06 AM   #9
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I use Sailun S637 LRG tires on mine. Had them pull the OE Raniers off before I picked it up. There is a big difference in them when you pick them up side by side. Many tires are made in China....some are bona fide "bombs" IMO and others not. Some are made in Thailand as well. The difference in the Chinese made tires is who owns the factory and who provides oversight on the manufacturing and quality processes. Those left to the Chinese end up being the "bombs" as best I can tell and those companies with direct oversight (on site) of those processes produce tires that actually comply with their specs. Trailer King, Tow Max, Hi Spec, Ranier...avoid those.

Some would suggest that the only way a tire fails is due to owner abuse or foreign objects. That simply isn't the case in my experience. The original research I did on failures of one tire brand drove them all back to the same factory so there seems to be much more to it than the two factors listed above.
You know you can track your tires back to the OEM provider who can track them back to the tire building plant.

https://www.tredittire.com/tires/
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote