View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 03:59 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMouse View Post
Old fireman joke.... Too much pressure on hose, just back it down some as to put the Fireman on the nozzle back down on the ground.
The PEX tubing used in today's RV's will easily withstand 100+ PSI. It's those "pesky china plastic fittings" that cause the problem. They may or may not withstand half that pressure. Then there's the "craftsmanship" (or lack of it) added to the plumbing system by the worker with no plumbing experience, who was installing windows yesterday, but today, the guy that does plumbing called in sick. So, whether the fittings, clamps and PEX are properly clamped as intended is questionable. Then add the acute angles that many of those plastic fittings are stressed to and the vibrations of towing a trailer, and there's very little "true relilability" as seen in a S&B house.

I'd also recommend 40-45 PSI and EVERY time you leave the campsite, turn off the water at the campground pedestal connection. I can't begin to count the number of flooded trailers with water pouring out the coroplast or when the owner returns and opens the door, the "deluge of water" that greets them. Turning off the water prevents all that.... And, yes, for me, turning off the water also means turning off the water pump when we leave a "no hookups site".... 50 gallons of water from the FW tank can do far more damage than you'd imagine, and that pressure is usually somewhere around 35-40 PSI.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote