View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 12:49 PM   #6
JShort880

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampNBrew2 View Post
Bummer. Is this an Absorption fridge? At only 85F ambient you should have no issue. It could be any number/combination of things:

-Have you checked to see that the condenser is not blocked at all by construction debris or fallen insulation?
-When the unit is that warm is the burner on- in other words calling for cooling?
-Is it on electric or gas?
-Is there a good strong blue flame in the boiler?
-It's not iced up?
-If the fridge is packed very full then air cannot flow across the evaporator coil and cool the entire fridge properly. I use a cheap double D battery fan inside the fridge under the coil to help with this (Don't get the Beech Lane one its too loud!)
-If none of these are the issue then you would look to the condenser overheating and needing a/or a stronger fan-12v muffin fan or blower. As bobecky mentioned ARPRV has some great info. I put one of their controllers on my new Norcold and its already helped me troubleshoot an issue.

Lots of things to check. Hope this helps. Please do report back your findings/solutions.
I'll go through these this weekend and confirm. I'm running it on gas as I've found it's the only setting that has a fighting chance.

I just cleared out the freezer last week as it was getting pretty icey.

We're keeping the bottom empty at the moment so it shouldn't be a circulation issue (yet), but once I can get it running consistently under 40 I'll make sure to add a fan just to give it some more help.

I think the important note here is that when it cools off, at 9 the fridge will drop to 32 (lowest I've seen it but potentially has went lower). This is why I'm assuming the back isn't getting cooled off enough for the fridge to operate as needed.

I don't believe I've ever been outside without noticing the burner on.

Thanks for all the information!
2021 Ford F450
JShort880 is offline   Reply With Quote