View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 01:15 PM   #5
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
Short answer to your question is both legs will be hot at 120v. That said, they will "share" the total 18.75 running amps. No load balancing. If one leg is pulling 15 amps (your main A/C) there are still only 3.75 amps left to share between the two legs.
Add up the amp load from both A/Cs and your over the running output for this generator.
1725 watts Main A/C + 1300 watts bedroom A/C = 3025 watts or 25 amps. This does not take into account the start up power requirements.
So, I'm pretty sure you'll be a bit short on power for both AC's if that's your plan.
Plus, that open frame generator is really noisy (73db) compared to an inverter type.
I’m a little confused on his available power. I’m not sure how it’s getting split to 22 amps on one leg and 18 on the other. His 4500 watt running power should be providing 37.5 amps constant power. I would have thought if it split in the plugs that it would be roughly 19 amps per leg. I’ve never tried or used a setup the way the OP has it, so I was just going off what he said he had for available power.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote