View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 07:05 AM   #49
bsmith0404

My wife grew up vacationing in the same place down in Mexico. Once she finally talked me into crossing the border, we took the Alpine down there and had a great time. We went a couple times a year for a few years straight and then started taking my parents down there, my dad loves the fishing. We considered buying a vacation home down there, but my thought was I can still take the Alpine down, it’s not that bad, 9 hour trip, park it on the beach and enjoy it whenever we want and still take it other places. I know retired life is different from working life, but I couldn’t see limiting myself to one place. I look back to my childhood, we went to Canada fishing every year. Changed lakes/locations many times. I also spent 25 years in the Air Force moving around quite a bit. Many places I never made it to that I want to go, many places I left years ago that I’d like to go back, too many rv trips planned to make a perm location worth while. Plus, with the rv, if I don’t like my neighbors, I can move. Of course, with the recent surge in rv owners, it’s getting more difficult and takes more planning.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote