Thread: Wheel Bearings
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 09:49 PM   #22
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwemaxxowner View Post
It seems like the best thing I can do to prevent issues is be prepared. If I have the parts and tools to handle problems, I don't have any. If I am unprepared, whatever can go wrong seems to. We are traveling further from home than I used to. I like to be prepared. 4-5 hours from home is not uncommon. We want to go to Disney next year, 11 hours or so.
You are half way there - the best thing you can do to prevent issues on the road is to conduct preventative maintenance at home in your driveway where you can pick the timing and speed of the work. THAT is the first and most important part of "being prepared". You can carry a multitude of spare parts - and you will need them all if you do not do basic maintenance at home before your trips.

So disassemble, clean, and inspect your hubs, bearings, races, and brakes; replace defective or worn parts, re-lubricate and reassembly properly. Doing so will significantly reduce the number of problems you have on the road and the cost of spare parts you need to carry. JMHO
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote