Thread: Recent Trip
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 11:50 AM   #23
crowbar

[QUOTE=sourdough;390893]Since we don't know who has Covid, and never will, would we just then go to a "safe" place and never come out until a vaccine, however effective, comes out? Something is going to get us one way or the other and there's not a thing we can do about it. Hiding from the unknown serves no purpose except to make the person hiding feel like they are doing something about it - but they aren't.

Take reasonable precautions and go about your business. As has already been said by the scientific community, only a sick person can spread the virus,
...You're talking to the wrong scientist. Lots of people have the virus but are not sick...
they have to be in close proximity to you, they have to cough or do something to get that virus to you.
… You can also get the virus by touching something an infected person touched and then touching your face...
99% of the folks don't have the virus. In fact .00455% of the population has been found infected (1.52M vs 335M) or in other words, 99.5% of the population is virus free at this point.
...You just stated in the opening paragraph that we don't know who has the virus and never will???...
Also consider that upon the outset of the virus ALL experts agreed that a mask was ineffective for a well person in defense of the virus. They all agreed that a person infected could mitigate the spread by the use of a mask.
...I agree and don't wear one...
Now, if you are infected you are quarantined until it is proven you no longer have it so.....exactly why is the entire population supposed to wear a mask, stay inside, don't shop, don't do this and don't do that while at the same time destroying MILLIONS of lives?? Since we quarantine all known cases are we grinding life to a halt because we're afraid of that .5% out there running around and that we may actually stand in front of one of them when they cough (remember that we have quarantined all that have been found infected so that .5% is smaller). It makes no logical sense in any way. If we listen to the hype of the biased media and some government officials it's the end of the world.
...I don't listen to any b.s. or believe everything I read. I am also unafraid...
If we stop, study and look at the numbers we see an entirely different, unscary reality. The Bible tells us to "study to show thyself approved"; this would be a good time for folks to do a little "studying" instead of being driven into a frenzy by propaganda.
...I agree but since you mention the Bible, Proverbs says "The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself, But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences." Here's hoping you stay safe and healthy this year!
crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote