View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #11
Kb86

Exclamation Outdoor Kitchen of Sprinter 311BHS drains to black tank! POOR design!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenrichs View Post
I have a 2012 Sprinter 311BHS. It has 3 tanks. 2 grey and 1 black. I am trying to figure out what is draining where.

I want to know exactly which water sources end up in which tank. I am most curious to know what besides the toilet drains to the black tank.
I have suspicions that my bathroom sink drains to the black and perhaps the shower. Our first trip out the black seemed to fill way to fast for a weekend. We didn't use the shower just the toilet and sink. Although part of it may be a teaching issue with our small children and flushing.
We have 2013 311BHS and last year noticed foul smell every time we opened the hatch to the outside kitchen. We have 3 kids under 7 and they use the outside sink and often leave the water running while washing hands etc. last time we camped the black tank was getting full and didn't realize how full until brown 'water' started filling the bowl in the outdoor kitchen sink.
Fully emptied the gray tanks. Fully. Sink was still full. Pulled the black tank....sink emptied. Not comforting knowing we wash dishes in that sink, store food in the cabinets and our oldest sleeps in the bunk above the cabinets with a continuous smell coming up through the sink!
Kb86 is offline   Reply With Quote