View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
Bob Landry

I'm also amazed at the lack of kitchen outlets as that's where you need them the most. I'm particularly amazed by the fat that the only one is under the upper cabinet so that the cord is going to hang down in the way. I can't think of a way to do it that would look any tackier. I guess it's the bean counters doing this, since that's the easiest way to run wire for it.

Most KS trailers are going to have an outdoor outlet on the curb side.
Your floor plan shows all of the kitchen cabinetry to be on the same side(fridge, furnace, water heater), so that makes it easy to add an outlet in the galley. My Outback has an outlet by the forward door and being an outdoor outlet, it's already GFCI protected. I tied into that outlet and fished the wire through the cabinets and under the kitchen counter to the end of the cabinet. I put an outlet on the end of the counter, facing the door. The coffee maker lives there and the cord stays out of the way. To me the outside outlet is the most logical to use, not only because it's the easiest to tie in to, but it's already GFCI protected and that saves you around $15. I used marine stranded fire instead of the usual cheap romex because it's easier to pull and bend around to tie wrap out of the way so you don't have wire dangling under the cabinet. It's an easy project and I wouldn't pay a dealer to do it. But then, I've done all of the electrical mods on my trailer.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote