View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
rheltzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Rheltzel, think you better find a new dealer. If your fridge is in the slide out both intake and output are on the side. Think about it, if it were on the roof of the slide, how would you run your fridge while on the road? Leave your slide out?? I don't think so. Our fridge is in the slide and we have a slide topper on without any problems. So of the issues may have to do with the slide mechanism it's self. Ours will push over a small tree if you're parked too close. Maybe those with the cable operation are more subject to issue with the slightly additional load of a topper.
Our fridge vents are on the side of the slide out. I didn't pursue it with the dealer because I wanted to see if experience would indicate a need for the slide out cover. So far, after weathering several downpours, no need, although I suppose as the seals age, it might not prove as waterproof as it has been.

As to our dealer, they have been excellent on after-the-sale warranty issues. I have nothing bad to say about them, although I share your scepticism about the advice on installing the cover.
rheltzel is offline   Reply With Quote