View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
CincyGus

If you are going to leave it hooked up like SAD, his method works fine. If your concerned about the cord becoming unplugged or won't leave your trailer on power when stored, AC is the better setting because if left on auto and unpluged, it will switch to gas and use 12v to power the circuits which could run you out of gas and drain your battery if left too long this way.

I don't leave my camper plugged in when stored and leave by propane bottles turned off and the fridge turned off. I open the propane bottles and put it on auto 2 days prior to my trip, plugging it in so it is running of house current. The night before or morning of the trip, I load it with pre-cooled and frozen food and when I disconnect from house power, it switches to propane/12v for the trip. Hook up at the campsite if I have electric and it switches back to AC. Unplug and it's back to propane and 12v for the trip home. Unload the fridge and it gets turned back off along with the propane.

A little fridge thermometer is helpful in checking temps which ideally will be between 34-39 degrees in the frig and below freezing in the freezer.

Remember to pre cool or freeze food. It is more a maintainer of temps and not as powerful as a household fridge. Putting unchilled food, liquids, cans of beer/pop in it really takes it a while to recover from and drives the inside temps up. Ban Fridge browzing with the door open.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote