View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #11
EcoboostKev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Got the trailor on Friday. The PDI was ok but I didn't get into as much detail as I should have. The unit was outside and it happened to be really cold and snowy so we were all anxious to get it over with!

I was a little concerned about my TV being able to handle all that trailor. I'm ok with the tow capacity and tongue weight but not by a lot. The 2 hour drive home though the Vermont mountains with pretty gusty / windy conditions proved that I made a good choice getting the Equalizer WDH. Although I definitly felt the wind and there was tugging, the two units moved as one and there was absolutly no fish tailing. I had to be cautious but no where close to being a white knuckler.

When I got home, I was sad to discover the decorative border around the face of the slide-out was full of pretruding nail marks. Looks like that piece was nailed from the inside by nails slightly too big which broke the surface finish. Now I know that i didn't notice this during the PDI because of the lighting. Besides that everything else was A-OK and we will be taking our maiden voyage in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
We also bought our new Outback from Pete's! Great people to deal with and the best pricing i could find! I am sure Pete's will take care of the problem you discovered. Just stinks that you have to travel 2 hrs back there to have it fixed. We picked ours up the end of March and we had a 5hr drive home to Connecticut and experienced the same conditions as you. We had 20mph winds with 45+mph gusts that pushed us around a bit but we managed fine. That is except for the kids having to stop and pee every hour! I did have to re-adjust the Equal-i-zer hitch setup when i got home and it made a world of difference.I would take the time and double check your setup making sure everything is perfect. The dealer throws those on really quick and doesn't take the time to make it the best it could be. The instruction manual will tell you step by step how to set it up correctly. Our Maiden Voyage is in 3 weeks and cant wait!
Best of luck with your new camper, Kevin
EcoboostKev is offline   Reply With Quote