View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #25
theeyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaRvMan View Post
It sounds simple. I had the same issue last week as we tried to get the new trailer detached from our tow vehicle (first time) We are using an Anderson hitch.

After nearly a half hour, I was covered in sweat, had moved the tow vehicle back and forth, very slightly, raised, lowered...

Finally it came off.

I will try blocking the TT tires first as suggested (can I just put some 2x10 blocks on each side of the tires?)
I also have the Andersen hitch. I found that I have to raise the truck and trailer a little bit to free the Andersen. At that point I hardly need the ratchet wrench and usually only on one side. Then I have to lower it until there is no pressure on the hitch. The latch then easily opens and I can raise the trailer until it comes free. Seldom have to move the truck forward--unless there is a lot of backward pressure from the truck. Suspect this procedure is the same for any tailer. I did the same when I had the Equal-i-zer on another trailer and truck.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote