View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #1
summerhummer

My keystone experiences Laredo 320 TG

Trigger pulled…. Since September I looked at the Sprinter 311 BHS, Sprinter 316BIK, Laredo 303 TG and finally decided on the Laredo 320 TG. I Purchased in mid February From a distant dealer. I Looked locally but no one wanted to come near the prices of the distant dealer. A few days before my departure I smelled Hydraulic fluid from my truck. Passenger side axle seal hub leaking. While vehicle was inspected the also noticed front hub bearing shot. What the hell since the differential pinion seal always had a small leak I fixed that too. All repairs totaled $1300.00 ouch… I wish I could do more of this myself. Installed a bigger trans cooler for another $300,00 and I am on my way. The Drive up was uneventful except for being stuck behind a huge transporter that took up 3 highway lanes at one time.

Arrive at the dealer did walk through Equalizer hitch installed. (This thing is good and IMHO works better than the husky I had before). We decided to camp overnight bad idea winds that night were 60 knots.

A TT is not the best place to be in that situation with high winds. I am pleased with its stoutness in the heavy winds. We survived and noticed a few things about the trailer for the punch list. Most pressing issue is the furnace heat register in front bedroom puts out just a hint of heat. The rear bunkhouse has no register at all. Other trailer to trailer differences from what I saw locally to what this one has were asked to be changed. The RV entrance doors are not on gas struts. That was something I really think I wanted and was seen locally, I also wanted the Stereo that was blue tooth enabled but what is in my particular trailer is not. All in all it was not a bad experience the only think I don’t like about the trailer is the heat output. I had this thing on 90 and it did not produce sufficient heat. Dealer checked it out and claimed no kinks and that the front bedroom is low output because it is the furthest register away from furnace. Dealer said Keystone 320 TG does not have a rear bunkhouse heat register. I have not called keystone myself but this is just an example of Keystone being cheap. Once is needed in the bunkhouse and also bathroom. This is where kids and women frequent and “no heat” is “no good”. Outside of the heat issue no other significant issues found.

My CONs are:
1) I don’t like the pass thru storage door on the driver side. It is a small entrance but there ain't nothing can do about that.

2) The location of battery at the top of the A frame makes it pretty tight (if even possible) for a group 31 battery. I have yet to try it.

3) The water pressure seemed a bit low but the pump is way in the front and the fixtures are mid cabin or way in the back.

It also has the new Alpha ply roof material so we will see how this holds up. The PDI on this site served me well. The only thing I noticed when I got home is there is no stopper for the tub. The Pull back was uneventful even in 25 -40 knot winds the ride was good with the equalizer and the suburban 2500 8.1 4:10. There was no 18 wheeler push /pull when they passed, no sway and no white knuckles over the 500 miles. On the way up I think I averaged 10 MPG. On the way back it dropped to 8.6. I am Looking forward to camping next weekend. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Regards,
J

https://www.flickr.com/photos/985581...n/photostream#

https://www.flickr.com/photos/985581...12545/sizes/h/
summerhummer is offline   Reply With Quote