View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 10:55 AM   #11
far733

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
BAL stabilizers are sold in a set of 2 rods for each jack position. In their literature, tBAL recommends installing all 4 rods on the front landing gear (for fifth wheels) and state that should eliminate most of the movement. They go on to say that if additional stability is desired, to install one set on a single jack position on the rear of the RV.

We installed on our front landing gear (I'd say that's similar to the two front jacks on a travel trailer) in both the lateral and longitudinal planes and with the x-chocks, we haven't noticed enough movement to warrant doing anything further. Of course we don't have kids jumping from beds and we don't square dance in the trailer either.... So, with that kind of movement, I can't comment, but with regular walking, sitting, standing activity, we're satisfied with all 4 rods on the front landing gear.
LOL! We definately have kids running around!

That is interesting that you mentioned installing them on the front jacks of the TT as opposed to the rear. I can see why one would do this with a FW b/c there is not a lot of support up front and it sits higher. However, TT's have the A-Frame on the front with the tongue jack which you think would provide extra support up front.
far733 is offline   Reply With Quote