View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #9
far733

Quote:
Originally Posted by therink View Post
Side to side will probably be all you need if your wheels are positively chocked. I would start with side to side lock arms on front and rear stabilizers and see how that works.
Keep in mind that with a longer trailer, you will almost always experience frame flex and suspension bounce from movement in the trailer. If I am staying at a site for more than a couple of days, I sometimes place bottle jacks under the frame at the leaf spring equalizer, which reduces the flexing and suspension movement.
They are positively chocked (I used X-Chocks btwn both sets of wheels and I re-tighten them after the tires cool).

I'm still torn on the best way to install them. I'm pretty sure that I will purchase two sets (4 stabilizers). I have considered installing all 4 going side to side. However, I'm wondering how it would work if I installed them on opposite corners with one pair installed on one rear corner for both side to side and front to rear and then another set on the front opposite corner, same relation. It seems that this way would support the triangulation theories.

Thoughts?
far733 is offline   Reply With Quote