View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #8
summerhummer

Congrats on the new camper. It sure is a nice one and I am considering the same one. There is something that doesn't seem right about this. I am no expert but I looked at this trailers weights. It looks like your tongue weight is about 600 loaded but I assumed it would be higher than that. The book for what it is worth lists tongue @ about 900. Well I have not figured it out yet but something seems awry. You should have had one more weight ticket with just the trailer (time & line permitting) to get your actual tongue weight. Anyway perhaps it doesn't matter it seems the trucks payload is limiting. How do you measure rear axle weight? Perhaps roll with less gas. You didn't state what was in your Fresh water tanks did you have a lot of stuff in there? You aid ready to camp except food & clothes so I assume you had something in there. Looks like y'all may go camping with the truck and you and the wife and kids following behind in another vehicle. I know that is a hard pill to swallow. Dealers should let you hook up and go to the scale before we sign. I am facing a similar situation already have the 3/4truck just want to be comfortable and have some margin. I am eying the 320 TG which is a little heavier total weight of 9500. I am not trying to upgrade the truck.
summerhummer is offline   Reply With Quote