Thread: Tv size
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 11:57 AM   #2
ajk170

Nancyexeland- I’m no expert on this stuff but from what I know the short answer is, “It depends”

Specifically some of the things needed to know is where are you mounting the TV and what type of TV. There are a couple of industry standards on mounts(I think) and most TVs will accommodate one of the standards. I do know Samsung TVs are a little difficilt with just any old mount. LG, Visio and Sony are all pretty much the same. The mounts can handle well over 50” TVs but you have to pay attention to the mount itself- it may only handle up to a 32” TV. So the mounts are a little specific in TV size as well as the mounting pattern on the back.
I would measure the space that I want the tv (top to bottom and left to right) in- esp. if there are cabinets or walls enclosing the space then that’s what will limit the size of the tv installed.
So pay attention to what size the mount say it can handle and a simple google search of what type of mount can be used on a particular manufacturer and then measure to ensure you get a tv that mounts into your space.

Not sure if this helps, but it was my best shot! -Andy
ajk170 is offline   Reply With Quote