Thread: Tire upgrade
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 04:41 PM   #38
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Tires, even "China Bombs" do not go instantly from OK to shreaded. A TPMS would give the driver warning so the RV can be stopped before the evidence is destroied. Also may allow you to stop before damage to the RV is done. In some instances you might even be able to stop before the tire is trunedinto scrap.

I have to agree with you, BUT, although they may be failing it may not be visible to the eye when you are looking at your tires daily. You might do a search on the issues JRTJH found on his tires (he posted pics). Thankfully he saw the issues, developing INSIDE the tire, and was able to replace them. I am certain when they failed, as they would have, they would have looked just fine on the outside. As a side note; I personally have had a very good tire go from OK to "shredded" so it actually does happen.....unfortunately, it was a 1/4" set of steel plate chocks used on a pulling rig that had fell off in the road that could not be avoided at the speed I was traveling.... BTW, it then flew up, hit the driveshaft and bent it as well (1/2 ton truck). I didn't know about "China bombs" then but I bet that was the cause.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote