View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post
Well I am totally convinced by all your responses. But it did bring up another interesting question, why doesn't Keystone offer it as a hard wired option right off of the line?

Also, I will occasionally leave dogs in the unit while I am off showing others and if the unit senses low voltage will it take me off line? In other words will my AC quit?

Seems like from the experience levels here that Keystone should form an advisory council of long time RV'ers to suggest some modifications. I do not mind the expense of adding a unit but it would have been nice to option it in from the git go. I think I will let my RV dealer know of this discussion and suggest maybe the dealership offer a hardwired version as an add-on option before the units leave the lot. A good salesman could easily make the case for it as you guys have made to me. I mean I was sold quickly on it and will have one in hand before the first outing in March.
Again Thanks to everyone for setting me straight. You all are the best!

The EMS could take your unit off line, but then again, low voltage by itself can take your unit offline. The plus side is that the EMS will do it before it damages anything. I leave my pup inside all the time while doing things where she might not belong. Usually no more than 4 hours and we alert our neighbors to keep an eye just in case. There is no downside to having the EMS IMO relating to the concern you mentioned.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote